What is classified as liquid?
All liquid, gel, cream, lotion, sprays, etc. whether in bottles, pressurised containers, tubes, or other containers. Common items which people carry and are classified as liquid are soda, alcohol, perfume, moisturiser, toothpaste, lip gloss, hairspray, soaps, shampoo, to name a few.
What is hand baggage?
Baggage which passengers are allowed to carry on board airplanes.
What is checked-in baggage?
Baggage which is checked in at the air operator’s check-in desk and stored in the hold of the airplane.
Liquid can be carried in hand baggage if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The maximum capacity of each container is 100 millilitres (1 dl) of liquid
- All of the containers must fit in a transparent, one (1) litre plastic bag with a zip-lock
- Each passenger is allowed to carry one bag
- Containers include bottles, tubes, canisters, and other items which can contain liquid
- Most soda bottles and cans are larger than 100 ml (1 dl) and are therefore not allowed past the security gate
Passengers may carry other necessities for personal use during the flight if security guards do not believe the items are of danger:
- Medication, labeled with the user’s name, in sufficient quantity for the duration of the flight
- Baby food
- Food required for a special diet
- A passenger may need to prove what is the content of a container if requested by security guards